Friday, December 12, 2014

Holiday Giving: The Winger's Edition

I always finish my meals. Strike that, I almost always finish my meals. I will admit that, every now and then, I encounter a meal way too big for just me. When that happens, I try to control my eating urges and take part of that meal home. But the food doesn't always reheat well, and I start to feel guilty. Visions of my grandma float through my head telling me I have to finish everything because there are starving people in the world. It gets messy. What do you do when that's doubled, tripled, or quadrupled?

We here at Winger's donate. That's exactly what we did last night.

We were catering a holiday party in Downtown Salt Lake City, UT when it became apparent we were going to have a ton of food left over. (A ton's probably an exaggeration, but let's go with it.) There was so much food that we fed everyone at the party, the venue staff, and ourselves with plenty to spare.

The Winger's Catering Team at last night's party.
That's when our executives made a couple phone calls to see if anyone could take the food. Enter The Road Home, a Utah organization assisting families and individuals who are homeless. We were thrilled they answered our call at 8:30 PM and even more thrilled to donate the rest of the meal to them. A couple hundred chicken wings should never go to waste.

We'd like to thank The Road Home for accepting our spur-of-the-moment donation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment